The Nashville Predators play at home tonight, and are still seeking their FIRST home victory. Tonight will be their fourth attempt, and there’s a few reasons the Preds are seriously needing this win…
- The Preds have looked lost and frustrated in their last 6, dropping 5 of those last six.
- At home, the Preds have been outscored 2:1. That is NOT what you want to do, because…
- The Preds have sold out their first three games. Tickets are slim and will likely be claimed via walkup tonight, but this team is in a very unique position. As a team that has notoriously not sold out night-in and night-out, a win tonight could go VERY far for them keeping the walkup fans happy. STH’s is at an all-time high this season. The time is now for the Preds to solidify themselves as a Nashville staple.
- Stay a part of the pack.
- Build off of early learns
- Fisher’s back, Bouillon’s back, and Erat is likely back Saturday. Getting the veteran leadership, I think, will propel this team to success sooner rather than later
A problem seen early on with this team is their inability to play a full 60. This, honestly, has always been something Pred nation has dealt with. In the past, we have watched the Preds come out and play a solid first frame, followed by a dismal middle, and a scramble in the final frame. Thus far, this season, the only period the Predators have “won” is the second.
Here’s the goal breakdown per nhl.com: 1st (GF/GA) – 4:9 2nd – 5:2 3rd – 7:11
That’s nothing to brag about, being outscored, solidly, throughout the game. Here’s a worse stat:
The Preds have been outshot miserably (SF/SA) 175:273. This puts them dead last in the league. You won’t win games like that, even with Pekka Rinne standing on his head (.927).
The Preds have yet to win a game where they go into the following period losing.
I know it’s early, but these stats are telling, and they can lead to bigger problems if they aren’t corrected.
Until next time, GO PREDS!!!